Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Hello there! We're Mintdesignsuk Ltd (hereinafter referred to as 'Mint Designs' or 'we'), creators of Productstash (hereinafter referred to as the 'Service' or 'Services') hope this policy is clear and easy to understand - if you have any questions on the policy or require mroe information, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up to provide an email address along with a name and organization - that’s it.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you purchase a paid-subscription you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our Support Engineers about a support question, post a question within our support helpdesk, or sign up for a newsletter.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about how you use our Services in order to understand where we can make improvements. We also collect audit information when using our subscription feature, so that we can present a history about "who did what" within your account settings. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
Information we collect about your users
We will collect your user’s name and email address when they submit new ideas via your Public Canvas. We do not use this information for any purposes other than to allow you to keep record of who is submitting ideas, and to interact with them by commenting or emailing through our platform.
Your user data is solely used for the purposes of using Productstash and is not transferred to any analytics or third-party providers, other than our own infrastructure. It will be stored appropriately and for EU customers that means:
For additional information or for a DPA please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account and to charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition--for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a paid plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Mint Designs and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services; and
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by us that we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on our products;
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
How We Share Information
We never sell your data and only share your data when we absolutely need to do, for the purposes of building a great product. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
We will never sell your personal data to another party. We do use the services of the following external data processors:
- Zendesk (customer support)
- Stripe (card processing)
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it--which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information--and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our Services, with the drawback that certain features from the Service may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above--for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights you can do so at email@example.com. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us
Cookies are small files existing of numbers and letters which are placed on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are saved in your browser’s history and you can always delete them. You can also adjust your browser settings to prevent cookies from being saved on your computer.
When using our Service we use the below third party services to enhance your experience:
- Google Analytics: anonymous data on how visitors use the website. Cookies are used to distinguish users. We only use these cookies to enhance the user experience and improve our website.
- Intercom: Enables the Intercom chat functionality.
- Stripe: Session cookie for our payment system.
- Hotjar: session replay and heatmaps. This service is used to determine how our customers use our Service, and provide a better experience more efficiently.
- HelpHero: product tours and new feature introductions. This service is used to introduce new users to the application through a guided tour.